Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and TONS of Photos

So yesterday, we had our thanksgiving feast. It was delicious and wonderful. Of course, nothing beats being home surrounded by your own family during the holiday dinners. However, this was as special as it gets. We were able to show others what we love to eat and how fun it is to gather and tell how thankful they are for each other. I've posted a ton of pictures on this blog. It may seem a bit much, but I wanted to introduce some folks.

Bethany and I made pilgrim hats and indian bands for everyone to wear. Everyone was such a good sport and wore them the whole time! We all had a very nice time having a thanksgiving feast so far from home.

"Chief Dances With Flower Rainwater": Dave
"Flower Rainwater": Bethany
"Pilgrim Rodriguez": Anthony
"Pilgrim Wife": Erin
Yummy and Cute Turkey: Ryann

Such a fun photo!

Gobble Gobble Turkey Ryann

look at that expression on her face

Amanda (left) is American and she has been helping with the children's program here at Jubs and also helping out with Sunshade. She is from Maryland.
Bronwyn is employed full time at Jubs. She is mainly in charge of the children's program. She is South African.
Jo(Left) is a volunteer at Jubs. She is in charge of SunShade. Her husband Lex is an elder at Jubs. They are English. They have been missionaries in America for two years.
Darlene(center) and Jeremy(right) are both employed at Jubs and are in charged of all the ministries Jubilee does. They are going to be in America to help Louie Giglio's church plant.
This is Tessa.  She's so amazing.  She mainly organized this spectacular feast. She's the "secretary" that does whatever is thrown at her.  She's originally from Zimbabwe but is an South African citizen.
Bethany, whom you all should know.  Matt (center) is the son of Caryn.  Victor (right) is American, but I can't remember where he's from.

The most amazing Caryn.  She is the doctor who runs the Health Clinic at Jubs
Amanda is American and her hubby Jauque (sp?) is South African


These are the pies bethany and I made.  I made apple and the pumpkin pie with no leaves.  Bethany made the one with leaves.
The feast!
This is everyone who made it to the thanksgiving feast.

All the Americans who came to celebrate the USA holiday.

4 comments:

momma c said...

Look at the pic of Indian Ryann with you, then look at the picture of Pilgrim Anthony with you- SAME FACE!! My first comment in response to your caption was going to be that her expression is the same as Anthony's when he is sure that there have been more than enough pictures taken. Then you provided proof of that statement a few photos later!

Glad you had a great day, we missed all of you! Bet your apple pie was as yummy as it always is. Did you eat a different turkey since Anthony looked his in the eye and couldn't let the arrow fly?

Laura Joy said...

The one of Dave shooting Ryann... so stinkin' cute.

I remember my Thanksgiving feast in Bissau. Even though I was missing family at home, I truly had a great time with them. So I understand that when you mention that you did have a great time.

momma c said...

Oh my bad- it was Chief DWFRW not Pilrim Anthony that couldn't bag the meal. Please pardon my error Anthony.

Jessie said...

those pies are gorgeous. and ryann as a turkey...she is blessed to have such a fun mom.