Saturday, January 24, 2009

oh those summer days...

Don't you all (my cousins) remember those sweet summer days of childhood?  

Somehow and in some way, water was always involved in mine.  We had a small creek running through the property of the farm, it was a place for imagination to roam.  We played explorers as we floated down really creepy parts of the creek on inner tubes that Dad had discarded from his tractors and fixed up for us.  We had mud wars and competitions on the rope swing that swung out across the water.  I love that place.  With the creek, we also had sprinklers, flooded front yards (from busted culverts), milk buckets, hoses that ran 300 ft long (ok, exaggeration there), water balloons, Maranatha Pool, the Great Lakes and all the little itty bitty lakes that dot the state of my beloved home, Michigan.  My family and I including all my cousins certainly grew up loving the water. It is my hope to raise my children finding delight in the water as my cousins and I did growing up.  I might have to be as creative as possible in certain circumstances.  But for now, while in SA, we have a little kiddie pool.  
 
Not to impressed with the camera being out when there's a pool.  Hello! 


 
In and out she would go.  It was such a sport to her. 


Pool hair rocks.

Little water boats being smashed together was such an intensely good time for her.
Yep, there is only 5 inches of water in the pool for now.  She is totally satisfied and I don't need to put more water in.  Plus, it saves water!  Go earth.

4 comments:

Laura Joy said...

Pool hair does rock. I enjoyed seeing her in her bathing suit with her belly sticking out. So cute!

Christylea said...

Love those memories! I remember swimming in your creek a lot and the other part of the creek at Louie Charles' house.

Unknown said...

I can really identify with your fond memories of water! I remember, like Christy, humid afternoons on the rope swing over Brooks Creek.
-Katie

Jessie said...

oh i love that first picture of her. she seems incredibly advanced physically for her age!