We had a student retreat this past weekend. Well, we left on thursday and got back saturday am. Anthony is involved with the student ministry at Jubs, so he went, and Ryann and I got to tag along. I'm so glad we did. I was ready to get out of the house since Anthony had been sick for about a week and half with a strange and nasty flu. Dave then became sick with a common cold for like two days. Now Bethany has been down with the same thing as Anthony for the past few days. It has not been too fun being around sick people. I've got to work hard to keep Ryann away from them and to keep her chill and quieter. I'm really ready for things to be normal again! So this weekend away was really nice.
I do not know the name of this place, but it was like a hour and half road trip away from Cape Town and the "cool air" from the ocean. We left around 3 pm and the road trip was just SO HOT. We do not have AC in the car, so we were sweaty and trying not to be miserable. Gosh, i couldn't figure out if still hot air was better than blowing hot air (windows down vs windows up) We really got a taste of the African sun on this trip.
As an attempt to keep Ryann "cooler", we put the window shade around her to keep the sun off her. She slept most of the way. When she woke up, we played peekaboo with the shade. Here's her smile after we lifted the shade.
KK was taking a nap out on the veranda and Ryann kept wanting to play with him.

Ryann wakes up at 6 or 6:30am every day now, and everyone else gets to sleep in for a few more hours. Oh I miss those days. Anyway, the three of us decided to take a walk and check out our surroundings. It was windy that morning and so I layered up my little one.






4 comments:
I really have to be on my toes to keep up with your blog. i'm SO GLAD you post so much. I cannot believe that she's almost a year old (give or take 9 months)! Wow, you guys are so much more mature than me. And Yay I can comment now!
I just commented under my new gmail account and apparently it says my name is Ina. that's hilarious
I love that picture of you and the moon. Its a great shot.
I also love the one of KK sleeping and Ryann playing with him. It makes my heart ache for Bissau.
AND I love the one of Ryann smiling during peek-a-boo. So cute.
Heck- I love all the pictures. Thanks for the tidbit of your lovely life. I love each one of you.
the moon shot is amazing of you.
Post a Comment