
A student/friend from University of Cape Town, KK, came to our place and cooked us an african dinner. He made us "pap", beef stew and a spinach dish. You do not use utensils and the pap is made out of maize, which is the african style of corn meal. The pap has a texture of play dough (but this can be eaten) and the flavor is very very very bland. There is no spice in it. It is used to "scoop" up the stew and spinach. It was all VERY yummy! When Marissa comes in March, he has offered to make it again for her to try. I'm so excited. I really enjoyed this meal.
2 comments:
Ah man... so many memories of Bissau is flooding my heart right now...
KK's smile reminds me of all the little ones I worked with.
The food reminds of all that I ate and the flavors of Africa.
I am glad that you guys got a taste of Africa. There is nothing like it.
I hope Marissa enjoyes it.
*enjoys.... not enjoyes.
Post a Comment