They ain't lyin'.
These past few years have been one heck of a ride. My own thoughts for my future when I was in college was to be one of the best soccer players and my own name made famous -heh. Didn't happen. I thought I was gonna meet a guy who was a born and bred country farm boy- I didn't. I met someone who, oh is so good for my heart and soul. He LOVES Jesus. In good ole Fremont, those guys were hard to be found. Anthony may not be country but God knew I needed someone who would furiously love and passionately lead us straight to His glorious name. I thought I was made to be a mother to a pack of boys but God showed us SO much love through our Ryann Grace.
Ryann,
When your dad and I found out we were pregnant with you, we were pleasantly surprised with an honest mixture of "scared" thrown in there. We were a few years younger then and we wondered if we were ready to be a mom and a dad to a baby. When we found out you were a girl, I smiled. I felt as though I knew all along that I was going to have a baby girl. I did think I was better equipped to mother a baby boy because I have been a tom-boy my whole life. I believed I wasn't feminine enough to raise a sweet girl with dolls and purses and jewelry. Oh goodness my little one, you have brought that feminine side outta me.
I love seeing you play with your babies, stripping them of their clothes and "walk, walk, walk" them. I love seeing you boldly, with a touch of shy expectation in your features, show your dad the dress that you chose for the day. I love that you need "lip" for your lips and perk your sweet little mouth in an awkward way for me to apply Burt's Bees, and then you promptly lick your lips and ask for more. I love how you have showed me how beautiful it is to be feminine with a strong and daring personality. You may be all girl, but you sure have no problem scaring those around you with your climbing and jumping ability.
Ryann Grace, your dad and I want each of our children to have names that meant something. Ryann is a female name for "little leader" and Grace means, well it's obvious, it's grace. Your dad wanted to be able to pray for you using your name. So we pray that God will raise you up to be a leader full of grace for His glory and fame. I love your name. I'm sure you'll go through a phase of "ugh, what were my parents thinking?" about your name. I think we all do but just so you know, I love your name.
The future you have in front of you is so beautiful. I've no idea what is in store... but my heart squeezes so hard when I think of how God is going to bless you and lead you. He has been SO faithful to your dad and I. We keep stopping each other and saying "can you believe where we've been?", "Can you believe where we're going?!" and we are so incredibly thankful for what He has done and how he has continually blessed us with you.
Ryann-I sure do love you. I'm tickled pink and delighted to be your mommy.
Happy birthday little one.
Love -your mom
xoxo
*Tricia, I thought you would enjoy being able to look at the photos that I have up on facebook of Ryann's party. http://www.facebook.com/album.phpaid=2008591&id=163700153&l=2a44d3d19d
Copy and paste that onto your browser and you should be able to see them.*
6 comments:
Tear.
You are a good mom Erin. And I am also very happy that Ryann is bringing out the more girlie side of you. :)
xoxo
Btw- Where is a childhood story!? I can't wait to remember what you remember.
Ok...that made me cry! Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I see myself so much in you w/the girl boy thing...so I know God will provide for me too!
h
We praise you, Jesus, for the joy it was to share the 2nd birthday of Ryann. Thank you for her momma and dad, I ask you to grant wisdom, admonition and patience as they nurture her life. I pray for the people all over the world that have an influence on her life, protect them and her. I pray for the friends she may have as she grows, bless her with influences and choices that bring glory to you. Most of all, thank you Lord, for blessing us with the precious, precosious bundle of joy that is Ryann Grace. Amen
what a blessed child she is to have such a sweet momma.
Whoever wants to affiliate with my blog or for us to follow each other's blogs on Blogger, let me know! I'm willing to return the favor, I mean we could all use some more traffic & readers on our blogs.
http://deedee1whoa.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment