Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I am becoming a...

...a house wife or a homemaker.  I mean, like one that makes their own baby foods, bread, and cinnamon rolls.  One that is on top of doing dishes and cleaning constantly even if the work goes unrecognized.  One that does laundry often and folds it neatly...

wow, I really never thought I would become one of those "moms".  I'm proud of it, but still cannot believe it actually happen.  I mean, my twin sister was always the "homemaker" out of us four kids and was very very good at it.  I was very happy to be the one doing the physical outdoor work like raking and prunning my mom's garden for the winter.  Washing the chopper and combine for Pops was no problem for me.  But ugh, if my mother asked me to clean the kitchen and "do the job well like Laura does" I grunt and groan and moan the entire time.  AND it is never clean enough for my mom or at least seemed that way to me. 

Now, somehow, mysteriously, I actually enjoy taking care of the household and taking care of my family.  Oh no, what has happen to me?!  :)

So yes, I have made homemade bread.  Just simple white loafs.  It is SO much easier than I thought!  It smells SO yummy when its baking and it is pretty good to eat.  Anthony is THRILLED.  His favorite food is bread.   I've also been making homemade baby food for Ryann.  Well, not so much "baby food" anymore since she's just eating small chunks of foods and not purees.  Still I can't believe how easy it is to do this.  It does take up some time of the day to make the meals and freeze it, but I just do it when I'm cooking dinner for the SA crew.

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to write this post was because of the homemade cinnamon rolls that I made this past weekend.  It was AMAZING.  Oh my gosh, I LOVED it.  It is a Paula Deen recipe, and good gosh, it's unreal. Anthony also LOVED them. When I go home, I am for sure making this for my family in Michigan because they all appreciate their sweet-tooth.  I've got two pictures to pose as evidence that indeed, Erin 'Carlson' Rodriguez is turning into a homemaker. 





  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!! I still would rather pitch the maternity pen with a small pitchfork than do housework :)
-Katie

Jenna Hood said...

you are great. i love who you are.