Sorry it's been a while. It has just been busy busy! I look back and can't really remember what just happen, it has gone by so fast. A month, we've been here a whole month!
So first things first. A few days ago, my little girl decided to scare me big time.
Ryann and I were home for the evening by ourselves. A, B and D (Anthony, Bethany and Dave) all headed back to Jubilee after dinner for “First Steps” ( a series of sessions for new Christians). Ryann needed to be in bed by 8pm, so I've just been staying home for the most part to make sure she has her routine of 8pm bed time. Anyway, Ryann and I took a bath together. I filled the tub up halfway so that she could “swim” around. We had so much fun together. She kept accidentally dunking her face into the water and would come up sputtering and coughing and crying. She would easily forget what just happen as soon as I show her a toy. So after I bathed her, we went ahead and drained the tub. I stepped out of the tub to quickly wrap a towel around me. As I was doing that, Ryann started to pull herself up by the faucet, so I put my hand under her arm. I didn't hold her tightly enough and her feet slipped out from under her. Her head nailed the drain thing that flips up or down to plug or unplug the tub. I pulled her into my arms and Ryann freaked out like I'd never seen her freak out before. It was like she had a seizure, she was uncontrollably shaking. I had to struggle to keep a hold of her. So I quickly scanned her face and saw blood and a really deep cut. I wrapped her in her towel and put pressure on her wound.
This whole time I was really calm. I went to get the cell phone and called Anthony. As soon as I heard him speak, I cried. I told him that he needed to come home right away because Ryann had fell and split open her eye brow. I told him that we both were okay, but they still needed to get home quickly. Anthony was trying to talk to me to find out more about what happen, but I could not understand him because Ryann was in my arms crying (it wasn't a hysterical cry, more like whimpering). It didn't help that I was crying too. So I told him to text me and hung up the phone.
I went into the bedroom to dress myself and Ryann. As soon as I laid Ryann down, she stopped crying and started giggling at me. Oh man, what a little blessing that was for me at the moment. So I quickly dressed. I knelt back down on the floor next to Ryann to look at her cut before I dressed her. The bleeding had slowed by a lot. It was just barely coming out. So I looked into the cut and saw that it was very deep and thought she might need stitches. This whole time Ryann was just smiling and talking to me. It was so comforting. I dressed her in her PJ's and just held her close.
As I was waiting for A, B and D to come home, I was walking around, praising and thanking God for keeping my little girl safe and for comforting me with her smiles. The rest of the crew arrived and Ryann was just smiling and giggling at them. She loved the attention from all of us at the same time. When I saw Anthony, I broke down again. He held us both and then asked me if I was okay. Then he said, “Erin, it is not your fault”. I cried all over again. Then he said, “I do not blame you for this” and I cried harder. Then after I spent all my tears, I was relieved.
The doctor (Carien) that helps run the Health Clinic at Jubilee happen to be at the church as they were leaving to come back to the flat. Anthony was able to tell her what had happen and she told him to call her when he found out more. So we all were standing around in the kitchen trying to figure out wether or not she needed stitches. We gave Carien a call, and she said to just bring her by Jubilee and we can figure out what to do from there.
We headed over to the church and Carien said that it would be able to heal on its own but would leave a big scar. So we decided to have Carien go ahead and stitch up my baby girl. Anthony prayed for Ryann and Carien prayed for me as a mother. After praying, Dave, Anthony and another friend had to hold Ryann down to keep her completely still as Carien put in a single stitch. Ryann, being the fighter that she is, fought and cried. Bethany sat near me and was constantly comforting me. Finally, the whole ordeal was over.
So that's what happen two nights ago. Here's a picture of Ryann with a patch over her stitch. Great expression huh?
Here's another photo after we removed her patch. We were feeding her breakfast, hence the creamy mouth.
Praise God that He has protected my baby from further harm. Praise Him for giving me such a tough and amazing baby. Thank you Jesus!
I wrote this on saturday. The day after the incident happen. I haven't been able to post it until today. Thank you all for being patient with me!
I just came from the Health Clinic where Ryann got her stitch out. It looks SO good. It simply looks like she scratched herself. Right now, she's on the floor next to me playing with a bottle and singing me a song. :) I'm so thankful to God for putting us at the right place at the right time and providing us with Jubilee and its health center and amazing doctors. I'm also so very thankful for God giving me such a wonderful and godly husband. Thank you Lord.
4 comments:
That must be one of the scariest moments as a parent! I'm thankful everything turned out ok! Keep the pictures coming!
thanks for sharing and showing us a picture! Your mom told us at church about it! I cant believe she answered the phone! Keep your blogs coming--Krysti and I check every to see if you've written anything! Love ya!!
I cant believe you have been over there a month!!! Do you need Steve to come over and help in the clinic?
Erin,
I'm glad I found your blog and that you're all doing so well. I love your pics and hearing about your baby girl.
Christy
Ahh...Erin I wish I could come over there and give you a mommy hug! Those things happen...there is so much to be learned from them...like how tough your little stinker is!:0)
If it makes you feel any better...Caleb (just yesterday) was inside watching his older two brothers outside playing football. Caleb was so intrigued that he starting pulling himself up on the screen door. One of his bros came and opened the door on him...whammy...right out the door onto the step! Blood and tears...I rushed him in and thankfully he didn't need any stitches. He sliced his chin open right on the underside in that crease. It is funny how your Ryann stories parallel what Caleb is doing! Miss you!
Post a Comment