I met Anthony through Laura, my twin. At the time, Laura and Anthony were very interested in one another. I had no feelings for him, I was interested in another fella. Laura and Anthony dated for a couple months and it did not work out. The rest is history.
What first drew me to Anthony and still attracts me today is his heart for God. He is not perfect, none of us are, but he is quick to realize when he screws up. He has such a passion for people and more specifically college students. Yet, he craves his quite times, with no wife, or daughter or friends talking and interrupting him. He is an introvert-extrovert. He gains his energy from his quite and alone times and uses it for those around him.

He is intelligent. Sometimes it's overwhelming and frustrating to be the “unintelligent” one of us. So I enjoy those few moments where I actually teach him something. He loves to learn. He is always challenging himself to read more books, expanding throughout the different types of literature. But he really enjoys reading theology books and telling me of new things he has learned. His knowledge of scripture is vast compared to mine, yet he is always pursuing God through the Word.

He is a HUGE and borderline obsessive, fan of team Arsenal. It is a European futbol team. He diligently follows this team. He could tell you just about every players names and their numbers and some of their stats including age (Arsenal is an very young team). Yet, he is very focused on making sure that his faith and family comes first. He constantly asks me all the time if he needs to back off Arsenal as a way of keeping his priorities in line.
He is Dad. He does not want to be called daddy, papa, pops, father or Paw by his children. He wants to be called dad. So Dad it is! The way Anthony loves our little girl is so breath-taking. He really wanted our first-born to be a boy, yet Ryann stole his heart the moment she was born. He is determine to be the best father that Ryann needs. He is fair in his disciplining and always makes the time to make sure Ryann knows that he loves her and understands (to the best of her ability) why Dad had to flick her hand. He loves to tickle and wrestle and “chatter” with her. He taught her to say “hi Dad” and “bye Dad” and what the lion says... “Rarrr”.
He is my husband. The way Anthony loves me is so uplifting and freeing. He yearns to do things for me. He has force himself pass his hatred for washing the dishes and simply doing them for me. He is so willing to take care of Ryann so that I have time to myself and time to play soccer. He loves to buy me all different types of flowers now and then. He loves to tell me how beautiful I am to him. He enjoys informing me how good i look in whatever I'm wearing for the day. He is a great person to talk to about my heart's aches and joys. He and I have our ups and downs and I look forward with such delight to many more. I just love him.





7 comments:
May your beautiful love story continue for the rest of your lives. What a blessing!!!
you are so sweet, and a great writer! i miss you!
Sigh...I'm always a sucker for a good love story.
-Katie
I am so glad that Anthony and I dated... otherwise, your love story would cease to exist.
So yup, you are very welcome. :)
I love you three.
xoxo- your update finally motivated me to post another blog. I am not thrilled with it but whatever.
What a beautiful tribute to the love you share. Thank you for sharing your joy with others!
this made me misty and sentimental. you are so blessed to have one another.
i can say that I remember talking about guys with you, and you were unsure about a couple of guys because they weren't strong in their faith, "like Anthony," and they weren't passionate about what they believe, "...like Anthony." You remember that?
Post a Comment